Sunday, June 17, 2018

It's Time to Begin


Image result for proof argument imageOne of my projects this week is to write a Proof Summary including both types; a 'proof argument' and a 'proof cover sheet' for my great grandfather Jacob J 'Jake' Covert.

He has a couple mysteries in his overall history so I've been taking a look at the 50th anniversary addition of Genealogical Standards and the site below to see how to go about putting a standard proof together.
This is a personal endeavor for my own peace of mind to set forth evidence that I have completed an exhaustive search acceptable in the world of genealogy pertaining to my great grandfather, Jacob J. 'Jake' Covert.
It is my hope that, in the process, either the argument will stand the test; or areas that I haven't 'exhausted' will come to light.
This is important to me because after many years of researching, I am ready to begin writing my family history in a publishable and informative form.
I have been drawn to begin a rough draft since earlier this year but have allowed other research to hold me back. But now it's time and I'm looking forward to beginning.

1 comment: